20/04/2020 0 Comments
Tips for Getting Perfectly Clean Dishes
Do your glasses, plates and utensils come out of the dishwasher slightly stained, streaky or dirty? The team at Ateliers G. Paquette has some tips for tackling this problem. In addition to being experts in home appliance repair, including dishwasher repair, we’re always available to provide professional advice.
Food Residue on Dishes
Is there food residue clinging to your plates when you take them out of the dishwasher? If so, here are a number of troubleshooting solutions you can try:
- Are you loading your dishwasher properly? If the machine is overloaded or if the dishes are poorly positioned, the water won’t able to circulate freely. You should leave a bit of space between each item.
- Do you rinse your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? The remnants of certain foods, such as mustard, won’t come off in the dishwasher if they’ve had a chance to dry.
- Are the spray arms clogged? If there’s food stuck in the holes, the water will be diverted to less powerful jets that aren’t as effective at dislodging food residue. It’s important to clean the spray arms on a regular basis.
- Are the filters dirty? The filters are responsible for collecting food particles so that they don’t circulate in the machine. If they’re clogged, they won’t be able to effectively perform this task.
- Are you using a good rinse aid? If you don’t use the right product or if you don’t use enough of it, food particles are likely to stick on the surface. This also makes the drying cycle less effective, which can lead to water stains on glassware and plates.
White Film on Glasses
Do your clean glasses have a cloudy, white film or streaks when they come out of the machine? Here are some ways to get them to sparkle:
- Can your glasses go in the dishwasher? If they’re made of crystal or another material that isn’t “dishwasher safe,” they should be washed by hand.
- Are you using a good detergent? Low-end products can leave a cloudy film on dishes. For superior results, we recommend Comerco dishwasher tabs (Product No. 10401).
- Is water hardness an issue? Use water hardness test strips (Product No. 35924) to determine how hard the water is and what the best detergent option is for your levels. Also, make sure there’s enough salt in your machine’s dishwasher salt compartment. When the salt level is too low, this raises the level of calcium in the water.
Some other issues that can cause your dishes to have streaks and stains include a broken detergent compartment, a malfunctioning temperature sensor system, a clogged water softener or a mechanical breakage. At Ateliers G. Paquette, we carry the dishwasher parts you need to repair your machine. Contact us today to find out more about our products and services.